A Message from our CEO
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 Virus Pandemic, the Burnham Health Promotion Trust has put a hold on all current Health Promotion initiatives and is working collaboratively with the Parish Council and other agencies to provide help and support to the community at this difficult time.
In line with Government guidelines, the BHPT staff are currently working remotely from home. If you require assistance, especially with Foodbank or Foodshare vouchers, and you need to speak to us please ring our hotline number on 07483 326525 which will be manned during office hours or email us on email@example.com
We are continually working on our website to provide you with access to advice, assistance and support. If there is anything you feel ought to be included or you wish to tell us something, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring our hotline number above.
Stay safe and look after each other.
Dawn Harries Chief Executive Officer and The Trustees of Burnham Health Promotion Trust
Our Groups - For now all of our groups/groups supported by us, are currently closed. This includes:
- Men's Sheds
- Carers Support Group
- Chair Based Exercise
- Intergenerational Project
- Tai Chi
- Tea Dance
- Singing for the Memory
- Simply walk
Our Community room services have also been affected by the surgery closures and of course the stay-at-home guidance.
We do recognise that now more than ever there will be a need to contact some important services whilst you are in isolation at home, so below are the contact details if you need to get hold of any of them:
- DASH Domestic Abuse Charity - The Dash Charity frontline workers are supporting their clients remotely. Their helpline remains open from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday on 01753 549 865. You can also contact them using the online form on their website here. If you or anyone you know is in immediate danger please call the police using 999. There is also a 24 hour National Domestic Abuse helpline 0808 2000 247.
- P3 Housing Support - To contact P3 with housing related issues please visit their website here, or call their freephone number on 0808 164 1810
- Citizens Advice - Our advisor is still offering telephone appointments each Wednesday. If you wish to make an appointment, please telephone 01494 791391 or you can visit their website here for more information.
- One Recovery Bucks - One Recovery offer support and guidance relating to drug and alcohol issues and support to families. They have online resources and referrals available. Please do look at their website here and if you would like to, give them a call on 0300 772 9672
- Carers Bucks - Carers Bucks are working from home so can continue to deliver information, advice and guidance services via the telephone. They will be continuing to take calls during our normal working hours, Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 9am - 4.30pm. You can reach them on 0300 777 2722 or visit their website here.
- Slough Carers Support - The One Slough Community Response is using skills from across all sectors to meet the needs of Slough residents. If you or somebody you know is in need, encourage them to call 01753 944198. Alternatively, register here to offer help or request support.
- The Samaritans - An agency we don't personally work with, but who offer an invaluable service. Someone to talk to night or day on their freephone number 116 123. there are also other ways to speak to someone, have a look around their website here.
- And lastly, Burnham Health Centre - the contact number is 01628 666326. The Health Centre are operating a telephone triage system for all patients, to ensure everyone is kept safe. Here is a note from Dr Jamil, one of the senior Partners at the surgery, with an update:
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to say a few words on behalf of Burnham Health Centre.
Thank you all so much for supporting the staff and doctors in helping to keep our community safe during this Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic
As most of you will know we have had to shut the doors to the practice and are trying to manage our patients by avoiding face to face contact unless absolutely necessary. We are carrying out telephone and video consultations throughout the day. Of course some patients will need to be seen and the doctor or nurse handling the call will arrange this. We have special rooms where we can isolate patients or we may even see you in your car whilst you are parked. We have just introduced a ‘drive-in jab clinic’ for those who need regular injections. We feel these measures are the best way to keep both our patients and staff safe. Don’t be surprised to see the doctor, nurse or member of staff in full protective gear (when we can get it!).
The telephones lines are busier than normal but we will get to you and help as best as we can.I can imagine it must be frustrating to hold on but please be patient and help our fantastic staff to continue running the health centre smoothly.
We are trying to send all prescriptions to the chemist electronically, so you don’t need to pick up at the health centre. Please help us and the Pharmacist by not over-ordering or hoarding medication. We are already running low on most types of inhalers, paracetamol and ‘Calpol’.
Follow the governments advice - Full details on the 111 website. Only call NHS 111 if you can’t get online or your symptoms worsen. If you are off sick, then you can self-certify for 7 days. If you have symptoms of Covid-19 longer than 7 days and remain unfit for work – you can download a note from 111 and do not need to contact a GP.
Go to NHS.UK to check your symptoms.
Burnham has always had a great community spirit and already there are schemes to help the elderly, infirm and vulnerable. Care home staff, visiting carers, district nurses and all those wonderful volunteers are doing an incredible job to keep our community going.
Dr Tanvir Jamil, Senior Partner- Burnham Health Centre
Foodbank and Foodshare vouchers
BHPT are able to continue issuing Foodbank and Foodshare vouchers whilst working from home. If you require assistance please do call us on our hotline 07483 326525. There are systems in place where no contact is needed.