A Message from our CEO
In light of the ongoing Covid-19 Virus Pandemic, the Burnham Health Promotion Trust has put a hold on all current Health Promotion initiatives and is working collaboratively with the Parish Council and other agencies to provide help and support to the community at this difficult time.
In line with Government guidelines, the BHPT staff are currently working remotely from home. If you require assistance, especially with Foodbank or Foodshare vouchers, and you need to speak to us please ring our hotline number on 07483 326525 which will be manned during office hours or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are continually working on our website to provide you with access to advice, assistance and support. If there is anything you feel ought to be included or you wish to tell us something, please email email@example.com or ring our hotline number above.
Stay safe and look after each other.
Dawn Harries Chief Executive Officer and The Trustees of Burnham Health Promotion Trust
For now our groups/groups supported by us, are currently closed. This includes:
- Men's Sheds
- Carers Support Group
- Chair Based Exercise
- Tea Dance / Tai Chi
- Singing for the Memory
- Simply Walk
As soon as we have an update on re-opening, we will post an announcement here and also on our Facebook page.
Foodbank and Foodshare vouchers
BHPT are able to continue issuing Foodbank and Foodshare vouchers whilst working from home. If you require assistance please do call us on our hotline 07483 326525. There are systems in place where no contact is needed.
Take a look at the dedicated CARE & SHARE page for more information on Burnham Care & Share, the village food distribution project. There for those who need it.
BHPT Community Room Services
Some of our Community Room services have also been affected by the surgery closures and of course the stay-at-home guidance.
We do recognise that now more than ever there will be a need to contact some important services whilst you are in isolation at home, so below are the contact details if you need to get hold of any of them:
- P3 Housing Support - To contact P3 with housing related issues please visit their website here, or call their freephone number on 0808 164 1810
- DASH Domestic Abuse Charity - The Dash Charity frontline workers are supporting their clients remotely. Their helpline remains open from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday on 01753 549 865. You can also contact them using the online form on their website here. If you or anyone you know is in immediate danger please call the police using 999. There is also a 24 hour National Domestic Abuse helpline 0808 2000 247
- One Recovery Bucks - One Recovery offer support and guidance relating to drug and alcohol issues and support to families. They have online resources and referrals available. Please do look at their website here and if you would like to, give them a call on 0300 772 9672
- Carers Bucks - Carers Bucks are working from home so can continue to deliver information, advice and guidance services via the telephone. They will be continuing to take calls during our normal working hours, Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm and Friday 9am - 4.30pm. You can reach them on 0300 777 2722 or visit their website here.
- Slough Carers Support - The One Slough Community Response is using skills from across all sectors to meet the needs of Slough residents. If you or somebody you know is in need, encourage them to call 01753 944198. Alternatively, register here to offer help or request support.
- The Samaritans - An agency we don't personally work with, but who offer an invaluable service. Someone to talk to night or day on their freephone number 116 123. there are also other ways to speak to someone, have a look around their website here.
- Burnham Health Centre - the contact number is 01628 666326. The Health Centre are operating a telephone triage system for all patients, to ensure everyone is kept safe. You are encouraged to seek medical advice still when concerned, but please do so by telephone. The lines can be very busy first thing in the morning but do keep trying.
- Citizens Advice - Our advisor is still offering telephone appointments, but is also now back doing face to face appointments each Wednesday. If you wish to make an appointment, please telephone 01494 791391 or you can visit their website here for more information or click on the logo. Please note, face to face appointments follow our Covid secure guidelines.
- Number 22 Maidenhead - We are pleased to be working in partnership with Number 22 on their Community Counselling Services. We will post below the new information and for any enquiries please email Anne.Lang@wmcounselling.com
- Lastly, don't forget, if you have any medical questions or worries you can visit the 111 website here or click the logo.