We are working closely with our partner agencies during this time. We have selected the need to know information, guidance and links for you to ensure that you stay up to date. If you think anything should be added here, please do get in touch via email on email@example.com
Buckinghamshire Council – Support Pages, groups, volunteering & more
The new look Buckinghamshire Council website has links and online applications for many things.
You can apply online for Local Emergency Support, intended to cover urgent short-term emergencies (i.e. no immediate food, no heating or lighting)
There is also an online search directory to find volunteer groups and other services in your local area who can help you cope. There are seven categories you can tick (prescription pick up, groceries & cooked meals, staying social, book drops & entertainment, physical & mental wellbeing, dog walking and financial support) and then enter your postcode to find what services are available.
Burnham Resilience Group – Support, Buddy Up, volunteer & more
Burnham Resilience Group website has a multitude of useful information available to you, please do check it out here. We have highlighted some useful things below;
- Support Request - The most important page on the website, here you can fill in the details for anyone who is struggling or needs help.
- To sign up as a volunteer in the Street Representative Scheme - To find out more about what a Street Representative does ask for more information.
- Buddy System - The purpose of the Buddy Up system is to connect our community through phone calls in this time of need. The Parish aim to connect as many isolated members of the community as possible with one of their volunteers in Burnham, who can provide a friendly voice at the end of the phone. If you are isolated and would like to receive a call from one of the Parish's Buddy Up volunteers, or indeed if you would like to be a volunteer to be a Buddy, please make contact.
- There is a link to the local pharmacy information (opening times, costs, who gets free prescriptions & more).
- There is also a link to local supermarket priority shopping times.
- Lastly, there is also a link to local suppliers such as a butchers, bakers and mobile caterers.
Facebook Support Group
Burnham Parish Council have created a Facebook group called Burnham Resilience - Covid -19 (follow the link here to join). I am a member myself (Gemma).
Here you will find over 800 members who offer lots of advice, help and daily inspiration. You can find the little forms below, to post through a neighbours door, if you are worried and would like to make contact.
You can ask questions without leaving your house and don't know who to turn to and you can join in with group discussions & quizzes to keep your brain active. It is a good social page with multiple posts, challenges and pictures a day. My family enjoy the brain teasers Paula posts each day!
You will get lots of the government and local information filtered through there too, so you wont miss out on anything vital, I really recommend joining!
Lloyds Pharmacy Hours
Here at Burnham Health Promotion trust, based in Burnham Health Centre, we are lucky enough to have a Lloyds Pharmacy also based here. They are working very hard to ensure all services are running smoothly and needs are met. See across for their current opening times and click on the image to go to their website.
If you need assistance in collecting medicines from the pharmacy, please follow the link here, to the Burnham Resilience Group's website and make contact.
Burnham High Street Updates
Updates on the latest re-openings etc, from Wendy Strathdee's Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin. Thanks for always keeping everyone up to date Wendy!
- Occasions Card Shop 9.30 - 3.30 Mon - Sat
- The Akash Restaurant in the High Street reopening for pre-booked socially distanced sit down meals. Call to book: Tel 01628 666601
- Oberon Art Mon - Fri 10 - 5 PM, Sat 10 - 4.30. Now also selling double layered cotton machine washable face masks in various designs. Adults £10, Children £8
- May’s Chocolate House is currently closed but are offering free local delivery of Chocolates and Sweets. Visit their website here or telephone 01628 669582.
- Your-Rak is a new charity shop and is open for business in the old Secret Garden Flower Shop, opposite the old Fire Station. Donations of goods for sale are needed.
- Walker and Campbell opticians are open by appointment only between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday, for people with vision problems, lost glasses or similar eye issues.
- Westies Dry Cleaners are now open again from 9.00am to 1.00pm Mon - Sat
- A new Estate Agent, Castle Hill will be opening soon in the Old Bathroom Shop next door to Westies Dry Cleaners.
- Halo Hair are now taking appointment bookings via text. Text with your name, email and stylist to 07562 772948. Please wear a face covering at all times and wait outside until called in.
- Freedom Hair Salon. Appointments only. No walk ins. Book on line here or call 01628 661711. Unfortunately you can't book colours on line. Please also visit our Facebook page Freedom Hairdressers to watch our safety video and what to expect when you come to the salon.
- Head First (Sorry no booking info).
- Burnham Library
Buckinghamshire Council have launched their new temporary ‘Request and Collect’ service at Buckinghamshire libraries, enabling library customers to borrow books for the first time since late March, in a safe, contactless way.
Customers can fill in an online form to tell library staff which books they’d like, which library they want them from, and how many. Then library staff will handpick a selection of books to match each customer and will phone to arrange a date and time to collect them. If you have no internet access you can place a request over the phone by calling them on 01296 382 415.
You can also now return borrowed books to most libraries. Library staff will ‘quarantine’ all returns in line with public health guidelines, before they’re returned to the shelves.
LATE FINES: All library loans have been automatically extended until Friday 31 July.
Burnham Library will now be open to the public between 10 am -2pm on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS and alternate Saturdays.
Hopefully that helps! We will keep you updated with any more changes.
Places of Worship
We have complied a list of the local places of worship and their contact details and any current advice for support and help during the COVID-19 pandemic. The information below is correct as of April 2020. Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to add your place of worship/make edits to these documents
London & Quadrant Tenants
Here is some useful advice we have received from L&Q:
We welcome that the government has changed benefit entitlement rules to help more people access support and sooner. We’re urging residents to claim any government support they’re entitled to while it’s available.
Our Pound Advice service is also on hand to provide advice, support and guidance to anyone who’s affected by the impact of the coronavirus. This includes support to claim benefits residents are entitled to or putting payment plans in place for when a resident returns to work.
We’re also reassuring residents that if they fall behind on their rent because of the effects of the virus, we won’t take legal action against them. Instead, we’ll do what we can to support them.
If you know anyone who’s in financial hardship, please put them in touch with our Pound Advice service directly:
• Call 0203 475 2221
• Text ‘Pound’ and your name to 60777
• Email email@example.com
You can also view their website here, check out their latest advice & frequently asked questions too.
Domestic Abuse – The DASH Charity
The Dash Charity are a local charity who support women, men and children affected by domestic abuse. Their front-line workers are supporting their clients remotely.
To contact DASH click here. You can fill in a form online or see other options to get in touch.
Drug & Alcohol Support in Bucks
See below for the latest information from one of our partner agencies, One Recovery Bucks. Click here to visit their website. One Recovery Bucks support those affected by drugs and alcohol in Bucks. This can include family, friends and children too.
Number 22 are a registered charity providing free and confidential counselling to adults and young people in Windsor, Maidenhead and Slough, supporting those in distress where clients can feel valued and heard. Click on their logo above to visit their website and explore what they offer and useful advice.
Counselling is about sharing your thoughts and feelings in a safe and confidential setting.
Counselling is for anyone who wants support in making their own decisions in order to bring about positive changes in their life. You decide what to focus on and whatever the issue is, our counsellors won’t be shocked and they will not judge you. They will listen and help you decide how you want to move forwards.
You can call them on 01628 636661 and be sure of a friendly reception. Alternatively, there is an online form you can fill in here and somebody will get back to you. Number 22 offers their services for free.
If you are out of the area you can also join the waiting list, but here are some other local websites:
Here are some useful numbers our partners at Citizens Advice have given us:
Citizens Advice - Bucks Adviceline - 0344 245 1289
Citizens Advice - Chiltern - 01494 791391
Citizens Advice - South Bucks - 01895 837 551 or 01895 837 552
Shelter (Housing issues) - 0344 515 1380, 27 Church St, Slough SL1 1PL Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
For support with Universal Credit, please call national Help to Claim 0800 144 844 or Maidenhead Citizens Advice 0344 411 1444
For employment issues call ACAS Phone 0300 123 1150
For consumer issues Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454 04 05 06
All other issues Destiny Support - Phone: 01753 552271 The Green, Slough SL1 2SP Hours: Tues - Thurs 0930 - 1630
Any L&Q tenants with debt related issues should be referred to Trish - firstname.lastname@example.org