There is a packed programme of FREE sports and activities on offer on Saturday 29th July at the Burnham Sports and Activities Day. This special event is being organised by BHPT in partnership with Maidenhead based charity SportsAble. Look in the Sports and Activities Day Booklet for full details of the day’s activities which will be taking place in Burnham Park, Burnham Park Hall and on the village green.
We will also be holding the first “Burnham Marathon Challenge” in Burnham Park. We want to find out how many “marathons” the people of Burnham can complete during one day. Will you join us on 29th July and take up the challenge?
Here’s what you do:
- Run, jog or walk the 1 kilometre path around Burnham Park. We will be counting all the laps completed by everyone during the day to see how many “marathons” in total we can complete (42 laps = a marathon!)
- You can walk or run on your own or you can join up with family, friends or colleagues to complete your own “team marathon” – for example 7 of you could run or walk 6 laps each or 14 of you could do 3 laps each.
- You can make it even more worthwhile by getting sponsored for a charity of your choice.
- Full details including how to book in the Burnham Marathon information sheet or go to https://burnham-marathon-challenge.eventbrite.co.uk
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- For everyone’s safety we regret no dogs allowed (except guide dogs)
- Please wear suitable footwear and clothing