BHPT are pleased to announce their new initiative, Rainbows Over Burnham!
We at Burnham Health Promotion Trust are committed to the health and wellbeing (including mental wellbeing) of those in our Community. Participating in some sort of art or craft is well known to help those affected by anxiety, depression, stress and social isolation issues. Click here to read an article we found to explain more about this.
To bring the community together we want to create a piece of art with happiness and rainbow art in mind. We want to collect art from all age groups and create a big mosaic display for the village, to celebrate the fantastic creativity in the community.
The art needs to be 6" x 6" and be able to attach to a wall, ideally your art would be mainly one colour.
Your art can be crocheted, embroidered, knitted, painted, printed, you can embellish with glitter, sequins, beads and more. You can lino print, water colour, sketch, use pastels, smaller children can finger paint - the possibilities are endless!
See our photos to the right for examples of what we mean by try to stick to one colour, we will be organising them in colours to create the rainbow effect, it's going to look beautiful!
The categories will be:
- Under 6 years
- 7-10 years
- 11-15 years
- 16-19 years
To register, make sure you have subscribed here and we will send you our entry form.
We have started an online gallery so we can show you the creations as they start coming in. Scroll down to see them...
Some ideas are....
Terms & conditions of entry
- To abide by our mission statement, the competition is for Burnham Parish residents and/or children who attend Burnham Parish Schools (Lent Rise, St Peters, St Nicolas & Burnham Grammar), those who do not come in to those categories may send in an entry for the mosaic display, but unfortunately will not be entered into the judging for the prizes.
- Your tile / piece of art needs to be 6" x 6", flat & able to be attached to a wall, so not too heavy and with no lose parts.
- You will need to register with us first, so we can send you our application form. We need a form completed so we have all of your details and know who to contact for the prizes. You can either: 1. Print it off and bring it in with your art when we reopen, 2. Post it to us, along with your art, when we reopen or 3. You can complete it and email it back to me with the photos of your art, and then bring or post your art when we reopen.
- We welcome entries from the whole household, adults, children, grandparents, aunties, inter-generational working at its best!
- Please do not post/take your artwork in to our office just yet as we are currently home working. We will be back soon and will contact you when we are. Please email a picture of any entries to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can showcase them here in the gallery and on social media, do hang on to them and we will invite everyone to bring/post them in soon.
- Please do state the age on the form so you will be entered in to the right category. The age categories are as follows: Under 6, 7-10, 11-15, 16-19 & adult
- Please do make sure your name and contact number are on the back of your creation!
- The closing date for entries will be 31st July 2020.
- The judges decisions are final.
The top prize is a £50 voucher for your choice of either Hobbycraft of Amazon!
There are then several runner up voucher prizes available as well as some age appropriate children's prizes in each category, lots donated by our friends at Tesco Taplow including a Playstation network gift card, children's Xbox One game, Lego set, headphones and more!
Once you have completed your art, take a picture of it and email it to email@example.com (along with your entry form) and we will display it here for all to see! It can inspire others and you will see the rainbow art take shape.
Remember we are looking for art form all ages and abilities.
More community art!
On the subject of community art projects, our friends at Burnham Parish Council are organising a Labyrinth Project and inviting residents to contribute by painting stones. Your chance to be part of something else amazing. Click here to visit their website for more information.
What is a Labyrinth I hear you ask?
A Labyrinth is an image with which we can can have a direct experience or link. It is a metaphor for life’s journey when used as a Spiritual tool. Unlike a maze, a Labyrinth has a single, continuous path, which leads to the centre and back out again, it should not be difficult to negotiate.
Sounds intriguing right! Go and see how you can make a little piece of this project....